2023 FIELD DAY
Monday, June 26, 2023
Capitol View Winery & Vineyards
2361 Wittstruck Road, Roca, NE
The University of Nebraska Viticulture Program (UNVP) in collaboration with the Nebraska Winery and Grape Growers Association NWGGA) invites you to an exciting field day to be held on June 26, 2023 at Capitol View Winery, Roca, Nebraska.
Following are some of the highlights of the program:
- Viewing and evaluation of the UNVP High Tunnel Vinifera Project.
- Viewing Ed Swanson’s new cultivar, ‘Merchette’ grown in the high tunnel and in the field (vineyard).
- Ed will talk about several other breeding lines he has “in the pipeline.”
- UNVP personnel will discuss early summer vineyard tasks.Vineyard Floor Management and trellis adjustments.
- Other timely topics and a tour of the winery may be arranged.
- Lunch will be included in the registration fee (costs and details will be announced soon).
Questions? Email or phone Paul Read at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-540-9309 and Steve Gamet at email@example.com
This all-day field day will be the first of several educational programs that will be brought to you by the collaborative efforts of the UNVP and the NWGGA.
Grape Quality Test Service Available at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Food Science Program and Viticulture Program have been awarded a USDA grant, which aims to help grape growers test their fruit quality in the weeks leading up to harvest. Using this information grape growers and wine makers will be assured that only high quality grapes enter the winery. More Information.
May newsletter now available.
377J Plant Sciences Hall, East Campus
377 Plant Sciences Hall, East Campus
Become a member of the Nebraska Winery and Grape Growers Association.Apply or Renew